April 22, 2013

Dressing up and some tasty granola

Happy Monday!  How was everyone's weekend?

All of my friends are also turning 30 this year, so this weekend was my friend Ashley's partay.

From the left, moi, Mags, and Ashley the bday girl

There was lots of wine and cheese and wine and good conversation and wine.

I drank way too much wine.



It was super fun though, and I'm so lucky to have such great friends in my life!!


So today, to get me through the post party blues, I did what any normal person would do.  I made granola.



This time around, Heather's Meatless Monday A-Z has gotten a little shnazzier. *jazz hands* The first week you create a new recipe using the weekly ingredient (I made blueberry muffins this week!), and the second week you make something that you saw either the previous week or something that caught your eye elsewhere.  Though let's be honest, all the cool kids make their friends' recipes :)  It's the nice thing to do.

So this week I took Nicole's Blueberry Coconut Granola for a spin.

And what a wild ride it was.



I love that it's super simple, not too sweet, and most importantly, DELICIOUS.

Of course I made a few minor changes, because that's what I do.  I mess with sh** that doesn't need fixing.  I can't help myself.



I'm allergic to walnuts, so I added honey roasted peanuts after it was done baking instead.  Honey roasted peanuts are good on anything- fact.  I also added 1/2 tsp of coconut extract, and used honey instead of maple syrup *sorry vegans!*  Also I couldn't find dried blueberries, so I had to fake it and use Craisins injected with blueberry juice.  Hey, you do what you gotta do.




It was faaantastic.  Go here for the recipe and poke around, she has tons of other amazing looking goodies over there!





Question:

Granola- yay or nay?

-Yay.  Times a billion.

6 comments:

  1. Craisins in blueberry juice - love it! And this granola looks delicious and it looks like everyone had fun during the creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, we always have a good time baking around here :P At least 50% of the finished product ends up on the floor or in someone's tummy- depending on what we're making ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay, for sure. I couldn't find my pumpkin granola recipet this past Fall and was very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put it on my list of things to create ;)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great time celebrating your friends birthday! I love the addition of coconut extract to the granola, I will have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It definitely gave the granola a "Hey look at me!" coconut flavor. My sister looooooved it! Thanks again for a great recipe :) :)

      Delete